5 Areas of Example You are Called to in Christ
“Let no one despise you for your youth, but set the believers an example in speech, in conduct, in love, in faith, in purity.” 1 Timothy 4:12 ESV
When you fail to demonstrate these 5 areas of example it opens the door for unnecessary criticism to the name of Jesus. As believers, we call this immaturity in the things of God.
- Speech- learning to control your mouth and use your tongue for the good is the starting place for setting a good example. People in the world cannot control their tongue without the guidance of the Holy Spirit!
- Conduct- learning to act with the same obedience and maturity of Christ is the next step. Examine your actions today and see if they reflect godly values.
- Love- do you demonstrate the love of Christ for people who don’t love you in return? Do you have empathy on situations that don’t affect your personal well-being or comfort directly?
- Faith- now we get to the place where we have developed our spirit man and show forth the faith of Christ in daily life. People will be forced to recognize the touch of God on your life when you display faith in the midst of adversity.
- Purity- walking in holiness before the Lord in the arena of sexual temptation is a huge witness for the Lord. Whether abstaining from dirty jokes or keeping yourself for marriage, there are a huge number of ways to make yourself an example in the arena of purity.
Takeaway: Have you been actively pursuing these 5 areas of example in your life? Where have you fallen short? Where have you been an example and brought honor to the name of Jesus?
We should all continue to pursue the example of Christ and allow no one to “despise” our walk with Jesus or have cause to bring accusation that is grounded in truth.
article by Joel Stockstill